It’s been weighing heavy on our minds this week. My VIP carpool has been cranking up the Beyoncé (all my single ladies!) in anticipation for the On The Run concert. We’ve been comparing our favourite lines from Drunk In Love, with a unanimous vote for “last thing i remember is our beautiful bodies grinding off in that club” and “surfboard-surfboard” (obviously!). After we’ve cooled our excitement, the next heavily contemplated topic of discussion is what to wear. Here I present you a myriad of choices to ponder when thinking of your concert-inspired wardrobe. Remember, to consider your audience. XO
July 3, 2014 No Comments
Darlings, this post is like a library book…way past overdue. And I’m not going to address the elevator scandal overshadowing the fashion because I’ve heard about the Beygency. The theme of this year’s Met Gala 2014, was a tribute to Charles James, who according to WWD is “America’s best-known couturier.” This being the case, you would expect a lot of classic, opulent and elegant ball gowns of the socialite variety.
While I don’t know if they necessarily evoke the theme of this year’s event, these are my faves. There are a lot of crop top combinations and slinky silhouettes which is très 90′s. Enjoy!
I have been championing the maxi length and crop top/bustier combo for a while now. I think it’s going to hit mainstream this year. (fashion prediction) TRUST.
May 16, 2014 No Comments
I blame my friend S for my ruin. She gently twisted my arm and we bought stellar tickets to Beyoncé. She only gets reallyx3 good tickets to concerts. She wants to see them up close and personal. She wants to see them sweat. But now that I’ve been spoiled, I can’t go backwards and every time I get tickets to something, I need to be right up in the action. Slippery slope and it’s what I like to call a shame spiral.
Of all the bands and artists I have yet to see, I put it out there that I would like to see Lana Del Rey. Lo and behold, the universe delivered in the form of a Live Nation alert. So I bit the bullet and I’m going to see her do her gangster-Nancy Sinatra thing in the Spring (a rhyme).
Here is a playlist of my faves on repeat… She will be releasing a new album in 2014 Ultraviolence
- Summer Wine – with James Barrie O`Neill (cover of Nancy Sinatra = fun!)
- Blue Velvet
- Ridin`- with ASAP Rocky
- Bel Air
- Bonus: Link to her short film Tropico
March 26, 2014 No Comments
Hmm, not sure that I know anyone that isn’t kind of, sort of, obsessed with Beyoncé. And if you told me otherwise, I would serve you some talk to the hand, “Girrl, you be craaazy.” My Ticketmaster alert did not go off because, duh, I forgot to set her as one of my favourites. Sometimes I can be such an imbecile *wink* but I didn’t waste any sad faces when I found out her shows were sold out. With my sunny disposition, I had a profound belief that if there’s a will, there’s ALWAYS a way. Trust. (the secret)
Mentioning my lack of Beyoncé tickets at the lunch table, my friend S was all about it. Step 1 Find a concert partner in crime accomplished. A few weeks later, in a follow up chat we decided we should probably be putting more effort into finding tickets. Then as luck should have it, new tickets were released. Step 2 Get tickets close enough to see B booty shake, hair flip, sweat, etcetera, etc. A done deal. Such are the spoils of fate. Never give up!
Perhaps you want to brush up on your hip hop – See 47 of Beyoncé’s Absolute Best Dance Moves on Buzzfeed.
November 17, 2013 No Comments
I have a slew of friends who are packing their luggage for warmer destinations come mid-December. There is only one word: jalouse! (that’s jealous in French).
Recently, at our annual fashionistah holiday brunch, we reminisced about our university graduation trip to Cancun. A few years later, older and wiser, I went on a girls vacation with my bestie C. Before departing for the airport, I told her father not to worry if he saw bloody beaches on the news; it would be the trail of broken hearts we would leave behind. Can you believe he let her go on vacay with moi?
Two girls in Mexico?!! It was a make or break trip for our friendship but somehow we managed to get into heaps of sketchy fun without the drrrrama. Stuff that brings back fond memories of Mexico:
December 10, 2012 No Comments
The reason why the September issue is a bazillion pages is that designers go all out for Fall. Forget weight training, just go to the newstand and pick up a few magazines. Heavy! This is the best time of year to purge your closet (donate or give your friends some duds) and make room for a few new pieces to jump-start your wardrobe.
As promised, morex3 Fall Fashion Must-Haves:
- The Scarf Print – A Baroque pattern inspired by 80′s Versace motifs is one of the standout prints of the season. I particulary like it on a floaty chiffon blouse or on a silk scarf. To channel your inner Jackie O. take a square scarf, folding it into a triangle and tie the points at the nape of your neck. Allow the scarf to drape loosely creating a cowl. This is my favourite look with a fitted blazer. Super chic!
- Skinny Of The Future - This season there are many denim options – jewel tones, printed or coated. Take your pick! While colour denim was hottt for Spring/Summer, we are seeing denim in Fall hues such as burgundy, mustard, emerald, turquoise and magenta. For edgier fashionistahs, there are styles in tie-dye, metallic and faux leather finishes.
- Eye of the Tiger – The koala is my power animal when I am sleepy but when I am all riled up, it’s leopard, cheetah or tiger all the way. Animal prints are easy pieces to add to your transitional wardrobe (especially paired with camel or burgundy), but there is a major emphasis on tigers for Fall/Winter. These giant tiger heads are popping up on sweaters, dresses and tops.
September 10, 2012 No Comments