Category — vintage
Besides daisies, plaid and 90′s nostalgia becoming all the rage, everyone is all about Jared Leto and his lustrous manlocks. For those of us who are
old young enough to remember, his claim to fame was starring as Jordan Catalano on my So-Called Life. He was the quintessential aloof pretty boy leaning on walls, distracted, being reallyx3 attractive from all angles, object of Angela Chase’s unrequited love and the bad boy of our collective dreams. He had a few years where he pursued his music with 30 Seconds to Mars and we all forgot what a sexy babe he is.
But he’s been drinking the blood of innocents and that’s what you look like when you’ve made a pact with Beelzebub. Some of his memorable looks today and yesterday. Enjoy!
March 3, 2014 No Comments
Hello dearies, Are you having a very merry holiday thus far? Are you snuggling by the fire roasting marshmallows while it’s snowing and freezing rain? Are you dancing around your living room in your fluffy slippers and legwarmers to indie covers of Christmas classics? Just moi!
To thank you for your continued love and support, click on the link below to get a free giftcard from The Love Collage and Trend Trunk. You can also peruse my closet for goodies by clicking on the Trend Trunk badge on the left under “SHOP MY CLOSET.” Click here: https://www.trendtrunk.com/mystery/the-love-collage xo Vanessa
December 22, 2013 No Comments
Little French cafés are so mignon (cute, dainty), non? Today, me and A went for petit déjeuner (breakfast) at the most darling patisserie housed in a Victoria row house. The food was deliciously French and so were the waiters. It’s the kind of place where they serve you lattes with the foam shaped in a heart. And where you say no béchamel and you end up saying yes to brioche and crepes with nutella. I can’t divulge its name for fear of it becoming too popular. Sorry darlings. Some secrets have to stay in my hair. We had a very French afternoon punctuated by flirty girlish giggling. Those are the days my friend!
If you don’t know much about my French muse Catherine Deneuve, I insist you really must read on Parisian Bombshell Chic: Catherine Deneuve. Trust.
November 3, 2013 No Comments
I have a slew of friends who are packing their luggage for warmer destinations come mid-December. There is only one word: jalouse! (that’s jealous in French).
Recently, at our annual fashionistah holiday brunch, we reminisced about our university graduation trip to Cancun. A few years later, older and wiser, I went on a girls vacation with my bestie C. Before departing for the airport, I told her father not to worry if he saw bloody beaches on the news; it would be the trail of broken hearts we would leave behind. Can you believe he let her go on vacay with moi?
Two girls in Mexico?!! It was a make or break trip for our friendship but somehow we managed to get into heaps of sketchy fun without the drrrrama. Stuff that brings back fond memories of Mexico:
December 10, 2012 No Comments
The reason why the September issue is a bazillion pages is that designers go all out for Fall. Forget weight training, just go to the newstand and pick up a few magazines. Heavy! This is the best time of year to purge your closet (donate or give your friends some duds) and make room for a few new pieces to jump-start your wardrobe.
As promised, morex3 Fall Fashion Must-Haves:
- The Scarf Print – A Baroque pattern inspired by 80′s Versace motifs is one of the standout prints of the season. I particulary like it on a floaty chiffon blouse or on a silk scarf. To channel your inner Jackie O. take a square scarf, folding it into a triangle and tie the points at the nape of your neck. Allow the scarf to drape loosely creating a cowl. This is my favourite look with a fitted blazer. Super chic!
- Skinny Of The Future - This season there are many denim options – jewel tones, printed or coated. Take your pick! While colour denim was hottt for Spring/Summer, we are seeing denim in Fall hues such as burgundy, mustard, emerald, turquoise and magenta. For edgier fashionistahs, there are styles in tie-dye, metallic and faux leather finishes.
- Eye of the Tiger – The koala is my power animal when I am sleepy but when I am all riled up, it’s leopard, cheetah or tiger all the way. Animal prints are easy pieces to add to your transitional wardrobe (especially paired with camel or burgundy), but there is a major emphasis on tigers for Fall/Winter. These giant tiger heads are popping up on sweaters, dresses and tops.
September 10, 2012 No Comments
I keep having this reocurring dream that I’m back in elementary school, sitting in the cafeteria awkwardly having lunch with new classmates. Then I wake up, a tiny drip of perspiration, glad that I’m an OG (old girl) and it was just a nightmare. Bahahaha! Let’s not relive that again! I do enjoy this last burst of summertime heatwave but regardless of the hot, hottt weather, there is nothing better than making a list of Fall Fashion Must-Haves. Perhaps you can make your checklist with moi? Shall we? We shall!
- Houndstooth – Think of houndstooth like a black and white checker, on a diagonal zig-zag gone on steroids. Houndstooth is a classic retro-print which is best suited in a dress, a lovely chiffon blouse or a miniscule print on pants. To modernize and give this look a daring pop, pair it with brights such as canary yellow, fuschia or cobalt blue.
- Kick Up your Patent Heels – Who doesn’t adore a patent heel, non? There is something so Mad Men, so sexy secretary about shiny heels. I am quite partial to almond toes, however, the pointy heel is back! I always say, if you’re going to work a “look,” commit to it. Both look very sleek and elegant paired with a slim pencil skirt or well fitted dress trousers.
- Let Them Have Jewels – I love embellishment which means the return of the statement necklace, sequins, decorated tunics, dresses with ornate beading, the list goes on… This means we need to fill up our after 6pm social calendars to wear all these fantastic shimmery, sparkly pretty pieces.
Turn the page in your notebook, there are so many to list. Fall Fashion Must-Haves to be continued…
August 25, 2012 No Comments