Links A la Mode
Sharing is Caring: Some Links A La Mode for your blog surfing pleasure…
Beauty is Truth
Edited by Thom Wong
Beauty is truth and truth is beauty, but what happens when fashion enters the mix? Several of this week’s links tackle this thorny question with gusto, teasing out the various layers of meaning behind the term beauty and what it means to feel or be beautiful. Ethics and the material nature of style emerged as another dominant theme. The Laundry Narrative wonders if she can enjoy fashion blogging without dealing with the BIG ISSUES. Then there are longer form posts where I felt the writers stretched their narrative legs, some new voices in the game who could use your attention, and, since this is still about fashion, some lovely outfit pics of girls on bikes. Finally I’ve included the only two men who bothered to post (seriously, what up men). And meggings – nooooo!!!!!
Links à la Mode : May 13
- 365 Fashion Rehab – Notes from the closet: Day 357! Building better future buying habits by way of a major wardrobe investigation.
- 39th and Broadway – The Fall of Designer Denim.
- Bachman’s Sparrow – Saturday Advice column: develop your personal style into something amazing by learning how to take risks and not dress for others.
- Chrissy Styles – I create an outfit inspired by a painting. This time one by Luc Tuymans:
- D e f i n i n g B e a u t y – Pass it On – What do you do with clothes you don’t want?
- DailyDivaDish – True Cost of Disposable Fashion: You may be paying more than you realize.
- Debutante Clothing – Are you Lying? Why Do You Wear Vintage? A response to 5 Lies Women Tell About Vintage Dresses.
- Emerald Dandy – Meggings: Meant to be?
- Evoluer – 7 girls : 7 bicycles : 7 unique & adorable outfits
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Finance & the Fashion Blogger: Ignore-ance
- Journey to Fashion – From Undergrad Slob to Graduate Fashionista? An introduction to my quest for fashion.
- Missemmamm – How the internet has changed & woman are now more empowered.
- Oranges and Apples – On Beauty.
- Retro Chick – Are you ethically fashionable or fashionably ethical?
- Return to Sender – What do you do when your old insecurities rear their ugly heads?
- Shrimp Salad Circus – Ten things to smile about right this very second.
- Style on a String – The Insatiability for Logos, not Luxury.
- The Coveted – The Coveted launches a new blog dedicated to real women wearing denim.
- The Laundry Narrative – Fighting the urge to justify criticism of fashion blogging as superficial, anti-feminist, and materialistic.
- The Sunday Best – The Best Time of the Year for Menswear
- The Thrifty Poet – How to Feel Beautiful.